Become an Apprentice
For over 45 years Suki's has been training aspiring hairdressers just like you in our
Apprenticeship Program. Whether you are just starting out with no experience, recently
graduated from hair school, or have worked as a junior stylist, our Apprenticeship Program will
teach you the skills you need to succeed in today's beauty industry.
The Suki's Apprenticeship Program is an earn-as-you-learn self paced hairdressing program. It is a highly structured path with both on the job training and two nights weekly of FREE education. Through Suki's Apprenticeship you will not only learn the fundamentals of precision cutting, styling, and colouring, you will learn how to grow your business and how to promote yourself.
The Suki's Apprenticeship program can be completed within 6 months, and combined with the advanced training at our Academy you can be working on the floor as a stylist at Suki's within a year!
As an apprentice you are expected to perform the following responsibilities as required:
- Ensure the safety of our guests and staff
- Adhere to the guidelines set by our Mission Statement
- Paid services, including blowdries, treatments, removals
- Shampoos (chemical and regular)
- Ensuring the salon is always in opening condition
- Cleaning and laundry duties
- Assisting others with their duties
- Providing excellent customer service to all of our clients
- Progression through your training program
- Attend Model Night classes every Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6:30 pm - 9 pm.
- Find and schedule your own models to complete your Model Night modules
- Promoting yourself, your colleagues and the brand
Apprentices earn minimum wage plus gratuities.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits after graduation.
Twice weekly free fitness classes.
Ongoing free education.
The highest level of training recognized worldwide.
Partnered with Green Circle Salons to reduce our carbon footprint.
We have five salon locations throughout Greater Vancouver with over 150 staff.
We are a highly recognized and successful company for over 46 years with a well-established
and rapidly growing clientele.
If you’re driven and passionate about the hair industry we want you!
Want to know more? Call 604-738-0519 to speak to our Academy Administrator, Britney Reid, or